Skip to main content

Comments and Feedback Week 8

Overall I have not received much feedback on comments on my blogs, I wish people would write more on my blogs and give their opinions on my game ideas and my thoughts on readings. Although I have not received much feedback I still have some.
Stephaine commented on my blog and said she liked the idea of my game and thought that it would be very well. She asked me am I going to make levels or make it endless. For my game I am thinking of making it in levels, so when you collect a certain amount of coins you move onto the next level. I thought about making it endless like the game flappy bird or temple run.
But then I realised that it might be a bit boring so hopefully my idea of making it in levels will add excitement and determination to move onto the next level.
I want to make levels harder to cause frustration in players making them want to move onto the next level more and more. I also thought about not making it about levels but making the game about trying to beat your high score. I didn't realise I had this many options until I researched different types of games.

Unfortunately I never did a blog post on my introduction so I could not read over it with fresh eyes, I really regret doing this as I regret not doing many of the blogs.
I really need to make a timetable and a list of all the things I need to catch up on and how long I have to do them. I want to make an estimation of how long I think this will take me, I want to catch up as soon as possible so I can focus mainly on creating my game. I still have a lot of research for my game  and hope I can decide quickly on the route I want my game to go in.


https://www.everypixel.com/image-5098651776977380806

I thought this image was appropriate as I am feeling really stressed at the moment but I know all the stress will be worth it when I hopefully move onto semester 2.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 : Progress

Honestly I think I have progressed a lot in the past 2 weeks in this module. I am happy with the work I am doing but I know that I need to do even more because I am really behind. I have put in a lot of effort to this module and have been watching unity tutorials every night to try get a better understanding of how to use unity and how to go about creating my game, I am unfortuntely a really slow learner with Unity so I have to watch every video a few times to fully understand it. I have also been making notes on each unity tutorial so I can look over how to fix something in my game without having to rewatch a tutorial. I have a lot more unity tutorials but I am confident I will finish them in time. I will just have to do a few all nighters but if thats what it takes then I will do it!! I also have been set back a good bit unfortunately with the fact that I have to change my game due to not have enough time to create the Freddie the frog game. Although I am disappointed with not bei

Favourite Game (week 1)

My faveourite game is Super Mario Bros on Wii. I have been playing Mario since I was really young. I love how you can pick different characters to play like Mario, Luigi or Yoshi. I love all of the sounds added to this game like the noise when Mario dies and the game restarts or when Mario gets coins it adds a real fun aspect to the game. I love how every level has a different theme like level 7 is a snow theme and level 8 is a halloween theme. I got this Image using Creative Commons https://www.deviantart.com/imavalible1/art/New-Super-Mario-Bros-Revenge-590597734 hammy

Reading Week 5 (Games DD)

I found this week reading very interesting. I was particularly interested in Greg Aleknevicus post about Design Considerations. I liked the part of this reading about using shape and colour to distingush pieces. I never really thought about how much difference it can make to a game by using different shapes in addition to colour to distinguish the players amoebae. I also liked the where Greg explains how its good to use different components for different functions. An example of this is how Monopoly money is different from the property cards so players do not get confused between it is obvious they are used for different things. I thought it was a good point  of how it is frustrating when someone loses a part of their game and then is unable to play the game, so it is a good idea to add extra parts or cards with the game incase one is lost. I found this weeks reading really interesting.